Taking a few minutes to compare car insurance quotes can help you save hundreds or even thousands of dollars each year. You just need a basic understanding of how auto insurance rates are calculated and figure out how much auto insurance you really need. Our free online rate comparison tool can help you get the best deals currently available. Once you get started you’ll be surprised by the savings.
What Factors Influence Auto Insurance Rates?
Insurance companies will look at several variables when determining how much to charge you for coverage. These variables include:
- Your location. Where you live can affect your rates since insurers will consider the claims history for your neighborhood to determine the level of risk.
- Your age. Auto insurance premiums will vary significantly depending on how old you are. Teens and those in their early twenties generally pay the most for their car insurance. After the age of 25, premiums start to level out.
- The type of vehicle being covered. The make and model of your car can also significantly affect your insurance premiums. In general, a new or high-end vehicle will be more costly to insure than an older or cheaper vehicle.
- Your driving record and claims history. Having multiple traffic violations on your driving record and numerous auto insurance claims will increase your premiums.
- Your deductible. Deductibles typically range from $500. to $2,000. The higher your deductible the lower your auto insurance premiums will be.
- Your credit score. Believe or not, in most states insurers can access your credit profile and use it to determine how much they will charge you for coverage.
Factors that Can Lower Your Auto Insurance Premiums
While certain metrics, like your age and where you live may beyond your control or hard to change, there are some things you can do to help keep your insurance costs low:
- Choose a vehicle with safety features, such as anti-lock brakes and air bags
- Protect your vehicle from theft with wheel locks or an ignition cutoff switch
- Maintain a good driving record
- Raise your deductible
How Often Should You Compare Auto Insurance Quotes?
Researching your auto insurance options is not a set it and forget it activity. Since your circumstances can and will change over time, you should compare insurance rates at least once a year before your current policy is up for renewal. Doing so will help to ensure that you are truly getting the best coverage for the least amount of money.
At Insuret.com we work with the most reliable auto insurers to help you find the best policies to suit your needs. Our free insurance comparison tool is easy to use and takes just a few minutes. So what are you waiting for? Compare Car Insurance rate quotes and start saving today!